Sunday, March 8, 2009

wrestlingsmall.03
wrestlingsmall.02
wrestlingsmall.01

The wrestling team won its eighth straight Mid-American Conference Championship Sunday.
The Chippewas took first with 111.5 points and Kent State finished second with 82.5.
The team had four wrestlers score individual championships, along with five others getting second.
"This was a big step for the team," said head coach Tom Borrelli. "They were very disappointed after the dual meet lose to Kent State. This team is young and resilient, every time we get knocked down, we have responded in a positive way."

I love shooting wrestling. Even though I'm on Spring Break, Matt and I volunteered to head to Eastern Michigan to keep up with the team at the MAC Championships. Even though I probably won't get paid or my gas covered but I don't care, the experience and the chance to shoot more than totally worth it.

I can't wait for the National Championships in St. Louis later this month.

No comments: