Monday, March 23, 2009

GG

Grandpa.
There's a lot of things I could say.
I remember how he always wore plaid, red and green it would seem were his favorites. His love of cars, gas station memorabilia and mostly flowers, gardens and tulips undoubtedly.
He said hello in a way I couldn't begin to explain or even articulate but in a way that was uniquely his own.
He loved coffee and donuts in the morning and indulged in chocolate covered cherries and sweets whenever possible.
I'll never forget his greased jet black hair or the white hankies he carried in his back pocket and strangely enough the sound of him blowing his nose.

This picture isn't how I'll remember him. I want to remember a more vibrant agile man that he always was before succumbing to the reality that is age and terrifyingly enough, cancer.


But that's the beauty of pictures.
We can capture something we want to remember long after its gone.