Monday, March 23, 2009

Wrestling.jls.01.C

I know what you're thinking. Jessica, more wrestling?

I was recently privileged the opportunity to travel down to St. Louis MO to watch Central Michigan University's Mike Miller take on the number one seed, University of Michigan's Steve Luke in the 174 weight class in the NCAA National Wrestling Championships. Despite the fact it was nearly an 8 hour drive there and back, and the fact that we literally got out of the car, inside the Scottrade Center and shot, then back in the car to make the trek back to Michigan all within 24 hours, it was still amazing. Yes Miller did lose, 8-4, but he did it with class and still became an All-American and second runner-up.
The atmosphere was contagious and the wrestling, which I'm big fan of, was spectacular.

I'm really thankful I got to do this before I graduate and I'm really thankful it was for such a great sport and team as the CMU wrestlers.

I made it my goal this semester to get better and better at shooting sports, particularly wrestling and I think I did pretty well.

There's always room for improvement but I achieved something it making it this far, nevertheless.

No comments: