Thursday, March 5, 2009

LizFashion1
LizFashion2

Fashion assignment for the paper.
This assignment kept me up for a couple of nights trying to think of clever ways to shoot that odd season of fashion we have here in Michigan, not quite Spring but still cold as hell.
Unfortunately this assignment, like some things in life, came together last minute - I found myself with no equipment and no available ambient light, so I improvised with my flash, my off camera shoe cord, and a couple of white pieces of poster board. As well as a borrowed bench from the journalism department hallway and a large black fleece blanket I keep as a impromptu backdrop.
I think it came out okay, but much thanks to my model, Liz, who always does an amazing job and makes the simplest photos look stunning.

1 comment:

Sarah A. Miller said...

wow, these look amazing. i would have no idea this wasn't shot in a studio if you didn't say so. i think the top one is great...love the random couch thing! :)