Saturday, August 21, 2010

runnersm
waterslidesm
splashsm

Well. What a crazy day this was. Normally underneath those photographs (of the Grand Rapids/Lyon Street record breaking 500-ft water slide) you'd see my usual credit to The Grand Rapids Press, but today I was scheduled elsewhere and covering the desk, which left me fielding calls from newspapers on both coasts requesting art from this one-of-a-kind story (which you can read by great GR Press entertainment reporter Rachael Recker here) However, I knew I had to get out there and make some frames, even just for me. So, after a long hot day of covering small festivals, vintage European car racing and helping fellow intern Joel Hawksley lug equipment up and down Lyon Street, I headed out on my own after work. I hope to make some more time to make the frames I'm envisioning tomorrow, but for now, I'll leave you with what I've got.

2 comments:

Caitlin.M.Foyt said...

There are great! Nice work, Jess.

Sarah A. Miller said...

that photo of the little girl in the tinkerbell swimsuit is beautiful. i could see it running in some kind of Americana book