Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ROTC1

ROTC
What an experience. I got to ride in a military helicopter, eat MRE's, and spend an entire day with the ROTC. Granted, it rained all day, leaving me with very wet socks, shoes and muddy jeans, all while improvising a make-shift raincoat for my camera gear out of an extra garbage bag I keep in my camera bag just for these instances. However, aside from the rain, cold and nearly losing my breakfast on the very bumpy ride to Big Rapids via helicopter, it was an amazing experience resulting in some amazing photographs. I'll be sure to post more.

2 comments:

Sarah A. Miller said...

are these from the ROTC photos that ran in CM-Life? I like this one a lot better...the dirt on his face is nice! have you found any jobs yet for the summer/future?

Joshua Kodis Photography said...

Sure sure, MREs are fun the first time, but try living off them for two months. Nice shot though, you must have been on the helicopters that landed outside my apartment and woke me up a while back.